50 Family Vacation Quotes
Post Summary: 50 awe-inspiring family vacation quotes to get you excited about planning your next big getaway.
Looking for quotes about traveling with family? Have you been scouring the internet looking for a writer who can elegantly capture the freedom or the escape we all pine for when getting away and traveling with our loved ones?
Before we took off on our big family trip, we spent a lot of time considering if it was the right decision for us. Did looking at cliche but inspiring family travel quotes give us the push we needed to take the leap? Kind of. Sometimes you need other people’s perfectly crafted words to describe what you can only feel, but can’t quite put to language.
I’ve compiled a list of 50 uplifting and inspiring traveling with family quotes that might motivate you to open up Pinterest and start planning your own family adventure or road trip with your kids. Some of the quotes are classic “family travel quotes,” while others could stir anyone looking for travel inspiration, whether you’re traveling with family or alone. Regardless, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Please feel free to pin and share the graphics with all the family vacation quotes anywhere you like. If you do, please don’t forget to credit us! We took the time to make these images, and I can promise you, you will receive sweet juicy karma for being a good human.
P.S…you can follow our journey on Instagram here for more travel inspiration.
Looking For More Family Travel Content? Check out our other posts:
50+ Family Bucket List Ideas To Spark Your Adventure
12 Amazing National Parks To Visit With Kids
How To Teach Your Toddler To Love Hiking
40 Family Travel Quotes
1. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
2. “It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!” – Calvin and Hobbes
3. “I urge you; go find buildings and mountains and oceans to swallow you whole. They will save you, in a way nothing else can.” – Christopher Poindexter
4. “In fairy tales it’s always the children who have the fine adventures.” – Audrey Niffenegger
5. “There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” – Walt Streightiff
6. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventure fills your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
8. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
9. Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
10. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
11. “Every day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R Swindoll
12. “Don’t tell me how educated you are. Tell me how much you’ve travelled.” – Prophet Muhammad
13. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.” – Marty Rubin
14. “Being alive, I want to see, and all the world is a bigger thing to see than one small town or valley.” – Jack London
15. “Adventure is a path – real adventure, self-determined, self – motivated, often risky, forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world.” – Mark Jenkins
16. “It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
17. “Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living.” Anthony Bourdain
18. ” A person susceptible to wanderlust is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer
19. “I travel not to anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
20. “Not all classrooms have four walls.” Anonymous
21. “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.” – Paul Brandt
22. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
23. “We must go and see for ourselves.” Jacques Costeau
24. ” Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
25. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
26. “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” – Hodding Carter
27. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
28. “Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
29. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
30. “Travel is rich with learning opportunities, and the ultimate souvenir is a broader perspective.” – Rick Steves
31. “You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world.” – William Hazlitt
32. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
33. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
34. “If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together.” – African Proverb
35. “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
36. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
37. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle
38. “That is why we need to travel. If we don’t offer ourselves to the unknown, our senses dull. Our world becomes small and we lose our sense of wonder. Our eyes don’t lift to the horizon; our ears don’t hear the sounds around us. The edge is off our experience, and we pass our days in a routine that is both comfortable and limiting. We wake up one day and find that we have lost our dreams in order to protect our days. Don’t let yourself become one of these people. The fear of the unknown and the lure of the comfortable will conspire to keep you from taking the chances the traveler has to take. But if you take them, you will never regret your choice.” – Kent Nerburn, Letters to My Son
39. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
40. “A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships were built for.” – Gael Attal
41. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
42. No, we don’t need more sleep. It’s our souls that are tired, not our bodies. We need nature. We need magic. We need adventure. We need freedom. We need truth. We need stillness. We don’t need more sleep, we need to wake up and live. -Brooke Hampton
43. “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
44. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
45. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
*For the final five family travel quotes, I had to end with a few quotes from the great naturalist, John Muir, affectionately nicknamed the “father of the national parks.” Everything he said was with great love and adoration for the natural world around him. His words are especially inspiring for anyone looking for family adventure quotes. If you love his quotes and want even more mountain inspiration check out these great mountain quotes.
46. “Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.” – John Muir
47. “Of all the paths in life you take, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
48. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
49. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
50. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
I hope you enjoyed these family vacation quotes!
Do you have any travel family quotes you love that aren’t on this list? Share in the comments below.
Make sure to follow our Family Travel Board on Pinterest for more family travel inspiration!
Posts For Family Travel
160 Road Trip Questions For Your Next Car Ride
5 Not So Pretty Truths About Being A Full-Time Travel Family
The Ultimate Guide To Toddler Carriers For Travel
Pin It For Later
Looking For More Travel Tips? Check out our posts below.
5 Hard Truths About Being A Full-Time Travel Family
The Best Baby/Toddler Carriers For Travel and Hiking
The Ultimate List of Toddler Beach Essentials